Genocide in Bosnia

Bosnian Genocide, 1992-1995

Posts Tagged ‘Serbian Terrorists

UN says Serbs guilty of supporting terrorism

leave a comment »

Beaver County Times, p.A4
1 September 1994.

SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina (AP) – Bosnian Serb leaders are guilty of “state ordained terrorism” in a campaign purging northern Bosnia of thousands of non-Serbs, a U.N. aid official charged today.

Peter Kessler of the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees, the main U.N. aid agency, said 3,000 Bosniaks had been driven from their homes in Serb-held areas in August alone. Read the rest of this entry »

Advertisements

It Was Mistake to Negotiate with the Serb Terrorists

leave a comment »

West Must Get in or Out

The Vindicator
19 July 1995.
By Anthony Lewis

Two days after the fall of Srebrenica, Gen. Philippe Morillon, French General Staff member, said: “We have to declare war on Gen. Mladic or get out.”

Ratko Mladic is the commander of Bosnian Serb forces, the architect of the assault on Srebrenica and ethnic cleansing that followed [note: this report war published 8 days after the fall of Srebrenica, while the evidence of the large scale massacre surfaced later]

Morillon’s words pitfily summed up one lesson on Bosnia for the Western alliance: To intervene in a conflict and pretend there is no difference between the aggressors and the victims is not only dishonorable but ineffectual.
Read the rest of this entry »

First Sarajevo Breadline Massacre, Serbs kill 20, injure 100

“We had to end these negotiations because of these monstrous acts on the part of these [Serb] terrorists.” – Haris Silajdzic,  Bosnia’s foreign minister.

Lodi News-Sentinel
28 May 1992.

BELGRADE, Yugoslavia — The European Community imposed trade sanctions on Serbia on Wednesday to stop its interference in Bosnia, which pleaded for foreign intervention after a gruesome mortar attack on an outdoor market.

At least 20 people were killed and more than 100 wounded when three mortar shells fell Wednesday morning on a market where they were standing in line for bread, said Ejup Ganic, Bosnia’s deputy premier.

The market on Sime Miskin Street was strewn with scores of bleeding people, with corpses and weeping men and women with torn-off limbs.

Sarajevo TV showed an elderly man, still clutching his bread, leaning helplessly against the wall with blood pouring from his face. A women sitting in streams of blood reached out feebly for help. Read the rest of this entry »

Second Sarajevo breadline massacre, Serb attack kills 15, injured 30

By John Pomfret
The Daily Gazette
31 August 1992, p.A1,A3

SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina — A howitzer shell crashed into a crowded marketplace Sunday, killing at least 15 people and wounding dozens in one of the bloodiest single attacks during the Serbs’ siege of Sarajevo.

Meanwhile, fierce fighting around Gorazde forced U.N. officials to delay plans to dispatch an aid convoy.

Serbs announced Saturday they were lifting their five-month siege of the city southeast of Sarajevo.

“It appears to be extremely dangerous,” said Fred Eckhard, chief spokesman for U.N. operations in former Yugoslavia. He said the convoy might leave on Wednesday.

Gorazde, as the lone government holdout against Serb insurgents in eastern Bosnia-Herzegovina, has been an emotional symbol of the war that began when the majority Bosniaks and Croat voted for independence from Yugoslavia on Feb. 29. As many as 100,000 people have been trapped there. Read the rest of this entry »

Serbian Terrorists Ready to Fly into Western Targets

Unclassified CIA document shows that Serbs planned terrorist attacks against Western targets early in the Bosnian Genocide (1992-95) in case of NATO intervention. According to CIA,

“The ‘Foreign Minister’ of Radovan Karadzic’s ‘Serb Republic of B-H,’ Aleksa Buha, has told reporters that the Bosnian Serbs have ‘volunteers from friendly countries’ standing by, ready to help in case of Western military intervention against SDS [notorious Serbian Democratic Party led by Radovan Karadzic] forces. According to London Times correspondent Desa Trevisan, Buha said the Serbian Army of B-H [Bosnia-Herzegovina] would, if necessary, send ‘Kamikaze Pilots’ to strike targets in Western countries, including nuclear power stations.”

Read the rest of this entry »

Serbs Sneak and Terrorize Bosniak Civilians in Srebrenica

By Srecko Latal
The Daily Gazette
25 June 1995.

SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina — Rebel Serbs sneaked through government lines and opened fire on an eastern city, inflicting numerous civilian casualties, state radio said Saturday.

In the capital of Sarajevo, fighting ebbed to its lowest level since the government launched an offensive June 15, but fierce fighting was reported in northeastern Bosnia.

Government radio said a Serb sabotage unit slipped into the government-held city of Srebrenica early Saturday and committed “a massacre against the civilian population. There are many dead and wounded.” Read the rest of this entry »

Written by genocideinbosnia

January 3, 2011 at 12:08 am

Serbs Continue to Slaughter Bosniak Children in Sarajevo

Six children Killed in shelling on Sarajevo

The Southeast Missourian, p.5A
23 January 1994.

Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina — The sun glistened on new snow, and after a week of relative quiet in Bosnia’s besieged capital, children were out sledding and skating. Then the shells slammed down Saturday.

Six children died, hospital and morgue workers said. At least three children-suffered serious wounds and one adult was injured.

Parents frantically got their children off the streets. Although there was no sustained bombardment, the Bosniak-led government immediately put the city back on general alert, a warning for people to stay indoors.

In Alipasino Polje, the western Sarajevo neighbourhood where the deaths occurred, witnesses said at least four shells exploded around 1 p.m. Scores of children were outside sledding on snowy hills and skating in the icy streets. Read the rest of this entry »